Current Diagnosis to Treatment
- The current treatment process starts with an Electrocardiogram taken from the surface of the skin.
- Doctors read the results and determine if medication and/or ablation is indicated.
- If ablation is indicated, an EP study is performed.
- A catheter is inserted into the heart via the patients’ neck or groin and the electrical activity of the heart is recorded.
- Based on this EP study, ablation is done on the area(s) of the heart they suspect is causing the abnormal heart rhythms.